PAPERS PRESENTED BY REV. FR. THOMAS FELIX CMI IN DIFFERENT WORLD CONGRESSES
“Perspective of Parents and Public towards Mental Retardation”
- Sixth International Congress of the International Association for the Scientific Study of Mental Deficiency (IASSMD).
Toronto, Canada. August, 1982.
Theme: Perspective and Progress in Mental Retardation
- A New Approach for Total Development.
III Inter - American Congress on Mental Retardation by Inter - American Children’s Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 17th – 21st August, 1985.
Theme: Transition a Challenge
- “The Three Cs Concept in the Training of Mentally Retarded”
8th World Congress of International Association for the Scientific study of Mental Deficiency (IASSMD). 21st-25th August, 1988. Dublin, Ireland.
Theme: Key issues on Mental Retardation
- “The role of family in the integration of mentally retarded in India“
First International Conference on Mental Retardation on family support related to disability. 1988. Stockholm, Sweden.
- “Quality of life for the mentally retarded built up through the Three Cs Concept “
9th Asian Conference on Mental Retardation by the Asian Federation of Mental Retardation. 5th to 10th November, 1989. Bangkok, Thailand.
Theme: Quality of life for the mentally retarded
- “Mobilising Community, Moving from Centre/School to Community (A New Approach in Reaching out to the Mentally Retarded)”
XI World Congress of ILSMH. 20th to 27th November, 1994. New Delhi, India.
Theme: A Community for All Families in March.
- “The Mentally Retarded Individual – Family,Teacher and Community”
SAARC Workshop on Rehabilitation Techniques for the Disabled. 29th November to 2nd December, 1994. NIMH, Secunderabad, India.
- “Three Cs approach and its universal application”
10th World Congress of the International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities (IASSID) 8th to 13th July, 1996. Helsinki, Finland.
Theme: International Approach in Research and Practice - Global Problems, Local Approaches.
ATTENDED AND PARTICIPATED INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS/ WORKSHOPS/CONGRESSES BY REV. FR. THOMAS FELIX CMI
- The 4th World Congress on the Mentally Retarded.
Dublin, Ireland. 1975.
- Seminar conducted by International Catholic Child Bureau.
Barcelona, Spain. 1975.
- Fourth International Congress of the International Association for the Scientific Study of Mental Deficiency (IASSMD).
Washington D.C., USA. 22nd to 27th August, 1976.
Theme: From Research to Practice.
- 11th National Convention for the National Apostolate for the Mentally Retarded.
Brooklyn, New York, USA. 1976.
- 101st Annual Convention of the American Association for Mental Deficiency.
New Orleans, Lousiana, USA. 1976.
- The 5th World Congress on Mental Deficiency.
Washington, D.C., USA. 1976.
- National Autistic Children's Conference.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. 1976.
- 12th Convention National Apostolate for the Mentally Retarded.
San Diego, California, USA. August 1977.
- Seminar conducted by International Catholic Child Bureau and SPRED (Special Religious Education Division) Chicago on Theological Dimensions of Handicapped.
Montreal, Canada. 1977.
- 102nd Convention of the American Association on Mental Deficiency.
Denver, Colorado. 1978.
- Conference on Medical Pedagogy and Psycho-social on Mental Retardation.
Montreal, Canada. 1978.
- 25th Annual Conference of Ontario Association for the Mentally Retarded.
Toronto, Canada. 1978.
- Four-day Conference on Mental Retardation conducted by Lebenshilfe.
Marburg, Germany. 1981.
- 1st European Congress on Mental Retardation.
Hamburg, Germany. October, 1982.
- Seventh World Congress for the Scientific Study.
New Delhi, India. March, 1985.
Theme: Prayers through knowledge in Mental Retardation
- The Pre-Congress Meet. Bangalore, India. 1985.
IIIrd Inter-American Congress on Mental Retardation by Inter-American Children's Institute. Buenos Aires, Argentina. August 17th-21st, 1985.
Theme: Transition A Challenge
- IXth World Congress of ILSMH. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 1986.
Theme: Mental Handicap a Challenge For All; Together We Can Do It.
- Attended the International Seminar at Chantilly, Paris as a preparation for the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Child – 1989.
- International Conference on Mental Retardation organized by Young Adult Institute. New York. 1990.
- 9th World Conference of International Association of Scientific Study of Mental Deficiency (IASSMD). Gold Coast, Australia. 5th -9th August, 1992.
Theme: Sharing a vision of the future.
- Participated Paralympics in Madrid, Spain with 10 Mentally Retarded Students in basketball team, which represented India – 1992.
- 11th Asian Conference on Mental Retardation by the Asian Federation for the Mentally Retarded.Seoul, South Korea. 22nd to 27th August, 1993.
Theme: Global Harmony for Human equality
- International Congress on Medical Aspects of Mental Retardation.
Rome, Italy. 1994.
- SAARC Conference on Rehabilitation Techniques.
Secunderabad, India. 1994.
- Workshop on CBR Programme for Handicapped.
- Meeting on National Forum of Voluntary Organisations.
India International Centre, New Delhi, India. 1995.